Aspects to Consider for Developing Delivery App in 2021
Do you want a pizza to get delivered at home or a bottle of wine? Or you may require a bouquet for your boyfriend/just-friend? Maybe medicine for your parents, whom you can’t risk stepping out amid a pandemic? With the pandemic covid has hit the world, life changed by 180 degrees. Once what was unusual becomes a new normal and this new normal has changed life in many better ways. With us locked in our home, restrictions on getting out, many businesses shifted their mode of operation online, and things started getting delivered at your doorstep.
Once what was limited to books, clothing, electronics, 2020 has expanded the demand for on-demand delivery apps like never before. 2020 has seen a huge jump in demand for on-demand delivery app development.
Benefits of on-demand delivery app
There are a plethora of benefits that serve the end-user as well as the business in a greater way. Here are some glances of the advantages that on demand delivery apps render. Just have a look at them:
- 1. Convenient
- One of the major benefits of the on-demand delivery app is the convenience it offers to users. With the tech advancement, it becomes easy to track down the delivery at every stage, right from the packaging to the final delivery at your doorstep.
- 2. Fast
- The beauty of the on-demand delivery app is that customers can place an order with a snap of a finger. Since all tasks such as search, order, payment, review are done in one place, it becomes much easier and quicker.
- 3. Kinds of businesses
- One of the major reasons for its popularity is all kinds and scale of companies can use it. As per the need of individual companies, certain features can be customized.
- 4. Cost-effective
- It is in many ways a cost-effective method, as it saves your business from the cost of transportation, transit damage, and lots more. On-demand delivery app costs also depend on the number of advanced features the business wants in the app.
Types of on-demand delivery app
- 1. Enterprise to enterprise/business to business
- As the name suggests, the app connects one business with another one. In this app, the service provider is not an end-user rather it acts as a middleman between provider and end consumers. It is designed to fulfill the specific needs of a single or multiple businesses.
- 2. Business to consumer
- In this type of app, the business creates its own on-demand app to offer its services and product to the ultimate consumers. To seek services and products, users need to download the app from the app store. For example, anybody who wants to enjoy a large-size Mac burger, download the McDonald app and place the order to enjoy its delicacy.
- 3. Consumer-to-Consumer
- In this consumer-to-consumer app, one person demands a product or service from another person available on the same platform through an app. Here the app acts as a mediator between providers and receivers, and Airbnb is one such example.
Key features of on-demand delivery apps
There are mainly three roles included in on-demand apps, let’s try to understand features for each of them. Make sure to discuss the following features in-depth with your mobile app development company.
- ● Order management
- It allows the admin to view and manage upcoming orders efficiently. Admin can accept or reject the order.
- ● Manage payment mode
- It is the most powerful feature available to admin, as here admin needs to manage the entire payment system. The admin can accept or reject a new payment method from it.
- ● Offer management
- To attract new customers, the admin can introduce or reject any offer from the system.
- ● Driver’s report management
- It enables the admin to know about how many orders have been delivered by drivers and how much amount needs to be paid to them.
- ● Customer managementt
- It allows the admin to manage customers with their complete details like personal details, order, etc.
- ● Support
- Support feature allows the admin to get connected to users to solve their problems or issues with the application.
- ● Registration
- It allows users to get themselves registered with the application through their social media accounts like Facebook, Google, or through email, contact number, etc. The registration form details enable service providers to maintain a record of users who are accessing their accounts.
- ● Order placement
- It is a very simple feature that allows users to go through the item details and select the items of choice.
- ● Push notification
- It enables users to get the notification about the new offers, deals, and promotions.
- ● Real-time tracking
- With real-time tracking, users can check how far their order has reached or how much time more it takes to reach them.
- ● Payment
- It empowers users with various payment methods through which a user can pay. Using one out of different payment users can make payment for the placed order.
- ● Feedback and rating
- With it, users can give feedback once they receive the order. It helps service providers to know where they should improve on their services to win the trust of people completely.
- ● Registration
- It allows drivers to get registered with the system so that they can become part of the delivery group. Drivers need to get themselves registered in the system with provided the username and password to start the work.
- ● Accept/ Reject request
- It allows the driver to accept or reject any delivery request from the admin side, depending upon their location and time for the same.
- ● Earning tracker
- It helps the driver to manage the history of deliveries made and keep a record of their earnings, which are due for those deliveries.
- ● Availability selection
- It allows the driver to select their date and time of availability for which they are available for a particular week or month.
Factors to consider before building an on-demand delivery app
1. User procurement
Even before launching your application in the market, it is necessary to acquire users. Following are some ways to grow your business presence in the marketplace.
- ● Promote your service
- Before launching an app in the market, it is very necessary to prepare the ground for the same. You can spread words about the upcoming app through powerful social media channels. You can use referral programs to gain more users. Make sure to track all the promotion activities to measure their effectiveness.
- ● Ask local partners
- If you want to grow in the unexposed areas, then you must acquire the help of a local partner to understand the local culture and people. Since Local partners understand the culture and phenomena of the local area well, it can help the company expand the reach to the unexposed markets.
2. User Retention
The tough task is not to gain clients but to keep them. Unlike other businesses, delivery companies have a huge number of loyal customers. There are numerous ways to keep your customers coming to you, following are some:
- ● Discount offers
- To stay in the business for long, it is very important to keep your customers excited through discount offers. Discount offers to be seasonal, festive, or any other, it always seeks attention from users beautifully.
- ● Flexible schedule
- If you can offer a flexible schedule as per the preference time of customers, then they are more likely to stick with you. Due to busy life and schedule, customers wish to avail of your product/services at their scheduled time. Go flexible for long term innings in this cut-throat competitive market.
How to develop an on-demand delivery app?
Follow the step-by-step method to develop the on-demand delivery app:
- ● Gather Requirements
- The first step is to gather requirements, which means to jot down what exactly you want in the application. To find out that you must have answers to the following questions:
- How is your idea or concept different?
- How many competitors do you have in the market?
- Who will be your target audience?
- What are strategies your competitors are using for promotion?
- What features of your app make it unique?
- What kind or level of security do you wish to embed in your application?
- What is the budget of the app?
- ● Design
- Now, after understanding the exact requirement, the next step is the design of the app. Create low-fidelity and high-fidelity of the app. The next thing that comes in creating a wireframe and a working prototype. You can hire the services of a full-stack development company to shape your ideation to final production.
- ● MVP
- After connecting the dots of requirements and design, the next thing we recommend is to create MVP before the final release of the app. Minimum Viable Product is a product with the minimum features that are designed to test the response from the stakeholders. You can show MVP to stakeholders and ask them for feedback, which helps you to understand the nature of the target audience and minimal chances of errors.
- ● Development
- Once you get a green flag from the stakeholders, the next step is to develop the actual app. With agile techniques develop high-quality and enhance the product. After that, it is time for rigorous testing for errors or bugs before deploying it on application stores.
On-demand delivery model industries:
Numerous industries have already welcomed on-demand delivery model in their business, following are some:
- ● Healthcare
- Even before the pandemic, healthcare apps have gained momentum, it just in 2020 it had become mainstream. Such kinds of apps help to save time for doctors and patients along with saving a large chunk of a patient’s money. It connects a user with a doctor for one-one from the mobile app for online consultation and provides prescription.
- ● Food and grocery delivery
- Nothing can beat the feeling when your favorite food and grocery get delivered at your doorstep literally. With the ongoing pandemic, these apps surge in demand as people are forced to stay inside the home, especially senior citizens.
- ● Home services
- Home services include wellness, beauty service, cleaning, movers and packers, electricians, vehicle services, etc. Earlier where you have to go to the convenient time of service providers now life becomes sorted and much pleasing.
- ● Taxi services
- Uber or Lyft users anyone? The majority of us might have used it, right? Taxi services have shown massive growth in its demand as it allows users to book nearby taxis using map and GPS. Plus facilities like direct communication with the driver overcome the local obstacle. With its seasonal and occasional discount, the popularity is soaring.
- ● Flowers and gifts
- Never miss a chance to present flowers or gifts to your loved one with the gift application. This kind of application is perfect for those who don’t have time to go and buy gifts as here you can order gifts and it will be delivered at your desired location.
Now comes an end of the on-demand delivery app article. We hope that our article has been successful in enlightening you about the different aspects of developing an on-demand delivery app. You can hire an on-demand app development company to accelerate the growth of your business.