What Technologies Required for e-commerce implementation
Over the last decade, the internet has changed everything from our living standard to the way we conduct the business. Internet commerce or e-commerce is transforming buying and selling of goods and services. With the adoption of new technologies in e-commerce, it is slowly and gradually climbing to the high landscape in a reachable and efficient way. With the keen participation of key players like banks, technologies, and other players, more and more customers are joining the internet commerce destination. With international names like Amazon, Alibaba, customers are now starting trusting e-commerce like never-before. So, if you are planning to make a shift from a physical store to a digital one, you can hire the services of a reliable e-commerce web development company for a good start.
But before that you must learn here about some technologies that are required for your e-commerce website implementation. Further, we covered the writing in two parts: basic requirements and hotshot technologies to boost the e-commerce website.
Basics requirements to start an ecommerce store:
1. Domain name
- Let’s start with the domain name. First of all, you need to register your domain name and it should be such that it tells about your business. An ideal domain is the one that is catchy, simple to spell, and easy to remember. For instance, you wish to start fresh flowers online business in Australia, your ideal name should be freshflowers.com.au instead of smellinggood.com.au. Users will not search smelling good instead they often search for the flowers, and with the right name, your chances of ranking get doubled. If you wish to target the global market, you need to register the name: .com.
2. Web hosting
- Another requirement is the web hosting, and you need to select a host to host the website on a server. The hosting service provider allocates space on a web server for a website to store its files. There are four kinds of web hosting: cloud hosting, virtual private server, shared hosting and dedicated hosting. It is advisable to host a website on an established and reputable one for reliability, better speed, and uptime.
3. Internet merchant account
- Our next requirement is to have an efficient account to handle transactions online. Internet merchant accounts allow you to handle transactions smoothly. Merchants have to pay a particular amount of processing fee for each transaction processed.
4. SSL certificate
- An SSL certificate ensures the security and safety of users. It digitally binds a cryptographic key to an organization’s details. It allows a secure connection from the web server to the browser. It is further used in securing data transfer, credit card transactions, and logins.
5. Payment service provider
- A payment service provider is a third party merchant that accepts payment in the form of bank transfer, direct debit, credit card, and online banking. A full-service PSP offers risk management service, including transaction payment matching, fraud protection, fund remittance, and reporting.
6. Ecommerce software
- Good news is that you have plenty of e-commerce software to run your website to run from. Following are type:
- Off-the-shelf software: Also known as ready-made software, very similar to SaaS, but has a variety of customization opportunities.
- Customized: It is created particularly to meet the unique requirements of the organization.
- Software as a service: It is one of the best ways to test the water of the e-commerce platform. It requires very minimal monthly cost.
Latest add-on technologies required for e-commerce implementation:
1. Artificial Intelligence
- With the advancement of technologies, artificial intelligence has proven its insight for customer preferences. It can help you understand customer preference and taste in a much insightful and better way. There are plenty of AI subsets that can help you understand your market in a much better way.
- Instead of handing a long-form of the questionnaire to your clients, the chatbot is a more convenient and better option in an e-commerce platform. Instead of just answering their questions and providing only information. With strategic planning, you can use chatbots for a variety of services and solutions.
3. 24X7 availability
- Today’s internet market is very competitive, so it is very necessary to mark your business presence 24/7. One of the best ways is a chatbot, as unlike humans it is available for day and night to provide solutions to queries of potential customers without getting tired and frustrated. Further, automated communication saves employees time to focus on other business operations.
4. Social media
- Social media plays a vital role in boosting e-commerce business. It can act as a tool to spread awareness, boost promotion, market business using content, pictures, videos, or sharing posts about the business to the target audience. You can provide direct links to boost sales of products from your e-commerce store.
5. Personalized user experience
- There are countless businesses in your business category who are providing better products, services, experience, but how will you make it stand apart from the crowd? Answer to this vital question is by personalizing the user's experience. 74% of businesses believe that personalised user experience boosts sales volume. You can take the help of advanced technologies, machine language, artificial intelligence, and big data to understand users' behaviour patterns closely to cater personalised experience.
6. Voice assistants
- With the rise in the dependency and usage of voice assistants, your e-commerce platform must be compatible with voice search technology. You can implement voice assistant service using voice recognition technology and allow users to command and find products online.
7. The Cloud
- Managing and processing data in the cloud is essential for the instant access of data by anyone who needs it. Cloud ERP boosts delivery speeds, brings stability and growth of the business.
We hope that this piece of writing helps you in the basic understanding of e-commerce implementation in a broader aspect. You can even talk to an E-commerce Web Development expert for your needs. So, without further ado, convert your physical store into digital for the long survival.
In today’s age, where people have very limited time to purchase items by going to physical stores. Your business will help you capture the market base and keep your customers informed about the latest products and services.
Artificial intelligence, chatbot, virtual reality, augmented reality, personalised experience, are some common trends of e-commerce sites.
No, we are very much crystal clear and we do not charge any hidden cost for developing an e-commerce website.